Friday, December 5, 2008

Because she loves her panda

If you haven't checked out my sister's blog lately, please do so! Her latest post had me crying and realizing how much I take for granted.

So, here is part of what I'm thankful for. I have a healthy, intelligent, beautiful child who makes my world beautiful. And because I love her so much, I want her world to be beautiful. Her world is very small right now, but a large part of it is her very large panda that goes everywhere she goes and sleeps with her every night. So, after reading my sister's post, I was watching TV and saw a commercial for the World Wildlife Organization. The spokesperson was none other than Noah Wyle (ahhh. He will forever be Dr. Carter to me. sigh.) and he was explaining how polar bears are going to be extinct in our childrens' generation if we don't do something. Where have I been that I didn't know this?@! So, I jumped on the website like Dr. Carter told me to and discovered more endangered animals that need our help that I thought were doing just fine. Of course, the panda is one of the animals but I did know they were not doing so well. The thought of R telling her children what a panda or a polar bear "was" broke my heart. I decided that starting in January, I will either adopt a panda for R, or join the WWF's Wildlife Rescue Team or both if I can talk my husband into it! :-) I urge you to check out the site and then imagine a world with no polar bears, pandas, meerkats, tigers, or orangutans. Please help the animals.

No comments: